Loading... Please wait...

The Right HP Wide Designjet Printer Papers

Posted by

When you start ordering paper for your office, you'll begin to see terms like bond, coated, and paper weight. You may not know what these terms mean, but they are vital to your understanding of your paper order and making sure you are getting the HP Wide Designjet Paper that you need for your next project. Let's take a look at these common terms and their definitions: 

  • Bond paper
    This is probably the most common paper seen in an office setting. This is a high quality paper that used in electronic printers and as letterheads and stationery. Its name comes from the fact that it was the paper government bonds were originally issued on. 
  • Paper weight 
    The weight of the paper is based on how much 500 sheets of the "parent sheets" would weight when placed on a scale. The higher the weight, the heavier the paper. 
  • Coated paper
    This is paper that has been coated to give it certain properties, like a smoothness or a glossiness. Coated paper can be a great choice for special projects or important marketing pieces, but it is usually more expensive than bond. 

Have questions about other terms you've seen on our website? Just give us a call! Our customer service team is happy to answer your questions and help you understand all of the information you see on our website. Let us know how we can help you understand the world of paper and get the right HP Wide Designjet Paper in for your next project!